The Best Tu Lan Cave Tour Services
An action-packed day to discover the wet and dry caves of the Tu Lan cave system, including swimming, climbing and picnic lunch by a waterfall. This tour is for travelers who are short on time or don’t want to sleep in the jungle – but still want to explore the caves.
- Discover the Tu Lan caves in just one day!
- Swim and wade through underground rivers.
- Trek over jungle hills and mountains.
- Picnic lunch next to a natural swimming pool and waterfall.
- Marvel at beautiful and unusual cave formations.
- One day exploring
- Not available in October due to annual floods. Available throughout the rest of the year.
- Tours depart every day except Friday.
- Group size: 12 people maximum.
- Age: 16 years and above.
- Distance: 8km trekking, 500m caving, 150m swimming in the caves, 150m elevation gain, 10m ladder climb.
- Difficulty: Level 2 • moderate.
- Itinerary (below) is subject to change with the weather. Paths can be slippery and muddy after rain.
Due to the weather conditions the itinerary may need to be changed at short notice. The paths can be muddy and slippery after rain. Lifejackets must be worn when swimming in the caves.
Phong Nha - Tan Hoa - To Mo - Tan Hoa - Phong Nha (L)
Travel out hotel in Phong Nha from 7:00 am to 7:30 am and start your trip to our office. The distance drives 70km and passes through Da Deo Mountain Pass to reach the office. From here, you will leave your luggage at storage room and listen to safety briefing. And then, you sign in Release Form before beginning the adventure trek.
And so you will walk across 2km peanut and buffalo fields to reach the Rao Nan River. Yes, you across the river to reach the impressive Hang Chuot (Rat Cave) to explore its impression for 280m.
After that you climb over the mountain and have more trek through Hung Ton Valley to reach Hung Ton Cave. Here you will discover the wild cave by descending a 15 meter ladder together with a safety rope.
Next, you will have a swimming 50 meter through the cave and following an underground river to reach To Mo Valley. By ending this morning time, you have a delicious BBQ Lunch.
After enjoying the wonderful swimming at the waterfall, you will trek over Hung Ton Mountain (1km) and across Hung Ton Valley (500m). Furthermore, you pass through another small hill down to Rao Nan River (500m).
Next, you finish the day crossing back over peanut and buffalo fields (2.5 km) to return the office, where a cold drink and shower will be awaiting your return.
Finally, you come back your hotel at 18:30 pm and say goodbye after a wonderful day. Hope serving on next tour in other beautiful destination in Vietnam!
1.Guests are required to arrive in Phong Nha no later than 06:00 on the day of the booked tour departure and also recommended not to participate in any activities that might cause a delay.
2. For those planning their travel by train; to reach Phong Nha at a good time from the North, we recommend catching the SE3 train from Hanoi/Ninh Binh to Dong Hoi. If you’re down South, it is recommended to catch the SE8 train from Da Nang/Hue to Dong Hoi (You are expected to arrange your own travel from Dong Hoi to Phong Nha).
3. A complimentary 6-bed dorm room is offered for our adventurers who arrive in Phong Nha early in the morning, few hours ahead of their booked tour departure. You can rest here before your tour departs. Please inform us in advance if you request to stay in this room!
- Caving & safety gear: caving helmet, caving headlight, life jacket, gloves
- Basic canvas trekking boots (only if you do not have your own pair) sizes 36 – 46
- Meals: picnic lunch (day 1)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide and guide safety assistant
- Porter to prepare meals and pump water
- Shared dry box for phones and small cameras (limited availability for larger cameras)
- Water filter and purifier (used only by guide and porters)
- Eco-friendly compost toilet using western toilet seat at lunch site
- First Aid Kit and Medical Rescue Equipment (application by guides and porters only)
- Secure Storage Facility at our office to store all luggage you will not be taking on the trek
- Tips & Personal Expenses
- Travel/Health Insurance
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING
- 1 long (easy to dry) pants and 1 long sleeved shirt to wear during the trek (quick dry)
- 1 pair of trekking boots/shoes – difficult terrain, good footwear necessary. Gore-Tex/waterproof boots are NOT recommended as they do not drain well (if you prefer your own comfortable pair)
- 1 change of clothes for after the tour
- 1 pair of calf length densely woven socks (not ankle socks!)
- Personal items: mosquito repellent, sunglasses, hat, camera
Adventure Level 2 · Moderate
- 1-day tour
- Easy to moderate trekking
- 8km of trekking including up to 500m of caving
- Total elevation gain: 150m
- 150m swimming in the caves
- River crossings
- 10m ladder climb with safety rope
VIET GREEN LUXURY TRAVEL
Address: 102 H50 Alley 41/27 Vong Str, Ha Ba Trung Dist, Hanoi
Quang Binh - Branch Office
Add: 64 Hoang Dieu, Dong Hoi, Quang Binh
Core activities: Luxury Indochina Tours, Vietnam Luxury Tours, Vietnam Adventure Tour, Vietnam Helicopter & Seaplane Tour, Laos Balloons Tour, Marathon Tours, Caves Expedition & Adventure, Cruise Tours, Hotel Booking, Meeting, Incentive, Conferences, Event, Car Rental, Visa Renewal & Extension
CALL US 24/7